Georgetown, Delaware Texting While Driving Accident Attorneys
Our law firm knows how to find the facts that matter to your case
Texting while driving has become one of the most common causes of car accidents. Even though texting while driving is against the law in Delaware, that doesn’t stop some drivers from texting and causing serious car accidents. That’s why it’s critical that you talk with a Delaware texting accident attorney who knows the law and can fight for your rights.
You can count on the Law Office of Edward C. Gill, P.A. in Georgetown, Delaware to be there for you after your crash. Our attorneys have more than 80 years of combined legal experience. We know how to thoroughly investigate distracted driving accidents. We understand how the legal system works. And we’re prepared to do the work that needs to be done to stand up for you.
What should I do if a texting driver causes my car accident?
After a car accident caused by a texting driver, knowing what to do next can sometimes be overwhelming. That’s why we recommend taking the following steps after your texting while driving accident in Delaware:
- Call the police and ask them to respond to your car accident.
- Ask the police to send an ambulance to your accident scene.
- Get the other driver’s name, address, phone number and insurance information.
- Have a medical professional examine you and determine the severity of your injury.
- Take pictures of your accident if possible.
- If someone saw your accident, get the witnesses’ full name, address and phone number.
- Call your insurance company and tell them you’ve been in a car accident.
- Keep your comments to your insurance company brief.
- If the other driver’s insurance company contacts you, don’t say anything.
- Anything you say to insurance companies could be used to deny your claim.
- Contact our law firm. We can help you every step of the way.
Texting while driving car accidents can be complicated. That’s why our experienced attorneys want to help you.
You have rights. Our texting accident attorneys can stand up for them.
You might think you don’t need a lawyer if a texting driver clearly caused your car accident. Since the other driver clearly broke the law, the police officer investigating your crash will take care of everything, right? Don’t be so sure.
In many cases, texting drivers deny texting while driving. The other driver and their lawyers might try to prevent you from accessing their cellphone records. Or they might even try to somehow claim you did something to cause the accident. While the police may be investigating your crash, their job is simply determining what happened, not whether you’re fairly compensated for your accident-related expenses.
That’s our job, and we take our work very seriously. As your attorney, we will thoroughly investigate your texting while driving car accident. If the other driver denies doing anything wrong or refuses to allow you to see their cellphone records, we will not hesitate to take them to court and file a car accident lawsuit against them on your behalf. Contact us and schedule your free consultation. Our experienced, Delaware texting accident attorneys can fight for you.