Do You Need a Georgetown Truck Accident Lawyer?
Get a personal injury attorney who gets results
Commercial truck accidents in Delaware often result in serious injuries. That’s because tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, semis and other large, commercial trucks are significantly larger than most vehicles on the road. So, when these large trucks crash into cars or other smaller vehicles, the consequences can be catastrophic.
Our Delaware truck accident lawyers at Gill, Welsh, and Chamberlain, P.A. understand the seriousness of these accidents. That’s because our attorneys have more than 80 years of combined legal experience. We know what evidence to look after a truck accident. We know what questions to ask, and we’re prepared to do the work to do the job right.
What you need to know about truck accidents
Commercial truck accidents can be very complicated. There’s often a lot of information that goes into determining who caused the crash and how much injury victims should receive. It is critical that you have an experienced Delaware truck accident lawyer on your side, looking out for your best interests.
Our legal team is familiar with many of the most important legal issues that often come up after a commercial truck accident, including:
- Common Causes of Truck Accidents
- Jackknife Accidents
- Underride Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Investigating Trucking Companies
- Insurance Companies and Truck Accidents
- Truck Accident Lawyer FAQ
Knowledge is power. The more information you have to support your accident claim, the stronger your legal case will likely be. That’s why we want to meet with you and get right to work on your truck accident case.
Who’s to blame for truck accidents?
Serious truck accidents might seem straightforward on the surface, but often, there are many people or companies to blame when it comes to commercial truck accidents involving other vehicles, including:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck manufacturer
- The owner of the trailer
- The owner of the truck
- The company responsible for loading the trailer
- Another driver involved in the accident
It’s important to remember that every party listed above will likely have their own attorney and their own, unique insurance policy. The insurance companies for each party will likely also have their own attorneys. With so many people involved, it’s critical that you have an experienced lawyer on your side. Otherwise, your voice might not be heard and your accident might not get the attention you rightfully deserve. We can be your voice for justice. We can stand up for you.
What are common truck accident injuries?
Truck accidents involving other vehicles often result in serious injuries. Some of the most common truck accident injuries our law firm deals with include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries/Concussions
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Loss of Limbs/Amputation
- Internal Organ Damage
- Broken Bones
- Seatbelt Injuries
Make sure you take your truck accident injury seriously right from the start. Make sure you have a doctor thoroughly examine you after your truck accident. Then, make sure you talk to a truck accident attorney at our law firm who can help you at every step along the way.
What should I do after my Georgetown, Delaware truck accident?
There are several important steps you should take after an accident caused by a truck driver in Delaware, including:
- Contact the police right away – Call the police and ask them to investigate your truck accident. Having an official police report can often make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your legal case.
- Seek immediate medical attention – If you are still at the scene of the accident, ask to have an ambulance sent to your crash. If not, seek immediate medical attention. Your health could be at risk due to a severe internal injury.
- Get the truck driver’s information – If you are healthy enough to do so, get the following information from the truck driver – the truck driver’s name, driver’s license number, insurance information and the name, address and phone number for the trucking company the truck driver works for.
- Gather information at truck accident scene – This general instruction can cover a wide range of activities – from taking photographs of your truck accident to writing down anything you notice which you think could be important to your legal case.
- Talk to witnesses – If someone saw your truck accident, make sure you get their full name, address and best phone number to reach them. Witness testimony can be an important piece of evidence when it comes to getting the money you deserve for your truck accident.
- Call your insurance company – Keep your comments brief. Simply tell your insurance company you have been in an accident caused by a truck driver. Don’t say anything else. Anything you say could potentially be used against you by insurance companies.
- Don’t talk to the truck driver’s insurance company – You may receive a call soon after your truck accident from the insurance company that represents the truck driver or the trucking company. Their questions might sound straightforward. Don’t fall for their tricks. They’re likely trying to get you to say something they can use to deny your claim.
- Contact our law firm – The sooner you talk to an attorney after your truck accident, the stronger your legal case will likely be. That’s why we want to meet with you as soon as possible.
Don’t underestimate the complexity of your truck accident. Even if your crash seems straightforward, most truck accidents turn out to be far more complicated than many people expect, in our experience.
How can a Georgetown, Delaware truck accident lawyer help me?
When you have an experienced truck accident attorney on your side, you can take an aggressive approach to your legal case right from the start. Ways in which our law firm can help you include:
- Make sure your official Delaware truck accident report is correct
- If there are any mistakes in your accident report, we can ask to have them corrected
- Help you fill out insurance company forms or other documents related to your accident
- Deal with insurance companies on your behalf
- Deal with the trucking company on your behalf
- Negotiate with insurance companies and trucking companies on your behalf
- Find accident witnesses, if possible, and interview them
- Consult with truck accident reconstruction experts, if necessary
- File a truck accident lawsuit, if necessary, on your behalf
- Represent you in all court appearances related to your truck accident
Each truck accident is different. So is our approach. That’s why we want to meet with you and create a legal strategy that addresses all your needs after your truck accident. You know what matters most, and we’re here to help you address those needs and achieve your goals.
Stand up for your rights. Contact our law firm.
Even if your truck accident seems clear cut, don’t be so sure. Truck drivers often deny doing anything wrong. The same goes for trucking companies, even if they failed to properly maintain the truck that crashed into your car.
Worst of all, many insurance companies will believe their stories. Why? Because many insurance companies only care about the bottom line. When it comes to truck accident claims, the financial toll can be staggering. It’s not unusual for accident-related expenses for trucking companies to easily add up to thousands or even millions of dollars.
Make sure your Delaware truck accident gets the attention it rightfully deserves. Contact our law firm and schedule your free consultation. Our experienced Delaware truck accident lawyers can stand up for your rights.