Georgetown, Delaware Hit-And-Run Accident Attorneys
Our personal injury lawyers can find the facts for you
Hit-and-run car accidents are among the most frustrating cases we deal with at Gill, Welsh, and Chamberlain, P.A. That’s because the driver who caused your crash fled the scene of the accident, leaving you to deal with the aftermath of the crash on your own. That’s why our Delaware hit-and-run lawyers want to meet with you as soon as possible.
We know how to handle complex cases, because our attorneys have more than 80 years of combined legal experience. We know how to investigate accidents, what questions to ask and how to pursue the financial compensation you need and deserve for your accident-related expenses.
Why do drivers flee the scene of a hit-and-run accident?
It’s hard to imagine why a driver would break the law and flee the scene of a hit-and-run accident, but there are many common reasons why, including:
- Driver does not have a valid driver’s license
- Driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver is committing a crime and does not want to be caught
- Driver is wanted for another crime or has an outstanding arrest warrant
These are just some of the common reasons why drivers flee the scene of a car accident. Whatever the cause of your crash, we’re here to help you get your life back on track.
What should I do after a hit-and-run accident?
Every hit-and-run car accident is different, but, in general, there are often several steps you should take after your hit-and-run accident, including:
- Call the police immediately and tell them you have been in a hit-and-run accident.
- Don’t chase after the driver who caused your hit-and-run accident. The driver could be armed and dangerous.
- If someone saw your accident, get that person’s name, address and phone number. Witness testimony can be an important piece of evidence in hit-and-run accidents.
- Write down everything you can remember about your accident, including:
- Anything you can remember about the driver
- The color of the car
- The make of the vehicle
- The direction the car was driving
- Contact our law firm as soon as possible. We can help you every step of the way.
The stakes are often high after a hit-and-run accident. That’s why we want to be there for you after your accident.
Discover what a Delaware hit-and-run accident lawyer can do for you
In many hit-and-run accident accidents, you will likely need to pursue an accident claim with your own insurance company. This can be challenging since your insurance company may give you a hard time. Why? Because your claim may add up to thousands or even millions of dollars depending on how much money your accident may be worth.
Remember, you didn’t do anything wrong. You shouldn’t have to pay for a hit-and-run driver’s mistakes. Allow us to stand up for your rights. We know how to deal with insurance companies. If they refuse cooperate, we can take legal action against them on your behalf. Contact our law firm and discover what we can do for you. Schedule your free consultation with a dedicated, Delaware hit-and-run accident attorney.